Please be aware of the following costs for educators. The total you will pay may vary according to your requirements, but it may total over $1,000.
Tk20 Data System
$103. One-time fee for 10-year subscription, used for e-portfolio and other data. Not required for Speech-Language Pathology. More Information
New York City Department of Education Fingerprinting
$135. More Information
New York State Certification Tests
- $300 edTPA, not required for Speech-Language Pathology.
- $134–179 Content Specialty Test (CST) depending on the test required. If you are applying for dual certification, you will need to pass a test for each content area. Not required for Speech-Language Pathology.
- $118 Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST)
- $92 Educating All Students (EAS)
- Go to "Complete Your Certification Tests" for more information about checking your requirements.
- More Information about the CST, ALST and EAS tests
- More Information about the edTPA which will be completed as part of student teaching. Data for this assessment will be processed through the Tk20 system as the integrated platform provider.
New York State Certification Application
$50 for each application that is related to your bachelor's or master's program. More Information Scroll down to "Complete Your Application."
Mandated Workshops offered at Brooklyn College
- $25 School Violence Prevention
- $25 Identification of Child Abuse
- $110 DASA/School Bullying
- More Information