Please be aware of the following costs for educators. The total you will pay may vary according to your requirements, but may total over $1000.
Tk20 Data System
$103. One-time fee for 10-year subscription, used for e-portfolio and other data. Not required for Speech-Language Pathology. More Information
NYC Department of Education Fingerprinting
$130. This is required to work in New York City Department of Education schools if you will be doing fieldwork observations for over five days or 40 hours (including prior time spent doing fieldwork observations) and/or if you will be working as a student teacher and/or if you are seeking New York State teacher certification. More Information
NY State Certification Tests
- $300 edTPA, not required for Speech-Language Pathology.
- $79–149 Content Specialty Test (CST) depending on the test required. If you are applying for dual certification, you will need to pass a test for each content area. Not required for Speech-Language Pathology.
- $131 Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST)
- $102 Educating All Students (EAS)
- More Information about the CST, ALST and EAS tests
- More Information about the edTPA which will be completed as part of student teaching. Data for this assessment will be processed through the Tk20 system as the integrated platform provider.
NY State Certification Application
$50 for each application that is related to your bachelor's or master's program. More Information Scroll down to "Complete Your Application."
- $25 School Violence Prevention
- $25 Identification of Child Abuse
- $110 DASA/School Bullying
- More Information