Applicants are required to:
1. Send an Application to the Internship using DICAS
2. Prioritize the Internship for matching through D&D Digital Systems, Inc.
Application to the Brooklyn College DI via DICAS
Please note that applications for consideration must be submitted electronically by Feb. 15 through the DI Centralized Application System (DICAS) website http://portal.dicas.org . DICAS registration fee is $45 for the first application, and $20 for each additional application.
Watch the DICAS Application Overview Video for help filling out your application.
All of the following must be submitted online via DICAS:
- Official transcripts from all universities and institutions attended
- Verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD
- Three letters of recommendation from appropriate professionals
- Completed application form
- Personal Statement
- Verification of completion of a total of 12 graduate credits (including required courses: HNSC 7241X — Nutritional Aspects of Disease; HNSC 7240X — Assessment Techniques and Nutritional Care; 7213X — Human Pathophysiology; and an additional elective course) by the end of the spring semester with a grade of B or better in each course.*
- Recent photo (upload to DICAS)*
*Additional materials can be uploaded in the supplemental section on the DICAS website. Select "Program Designations" on the home page; after you select Brooklyn College, click on the icon under the "supplemental (optional)" section. You will then be able to upload these materials.
The Brooklyn College DI requires a nonrefundable application fee of $40. Please make check payable to "Brooklyn College Member Organization" and mail to:
Brooklyn College DI Program
Department of Health and Nutrition Sciences
The City University of New York
2900 Bedford Avenue
4123 Ingersoll Hall
Brooklyn, NY 11210-2889
Please note this fee is separate from the $45 DICAS fee.