A restricted fund helps to meet the needs of Brooklyn College and our students while reflecting the specific interests or desires of a donor. Establishing and naming a restricted fund can be a special way to honor or memorialize a loved one’s interests or accomplishments, honor a former student and/or faculty member, or encourage students in a particular academic area.
We welcome donations to establish and name new restricted funds as well as donations of any size in support of already existing restricted funds.
- Gifts of less than $10,000 may be made in support of existing restricted funds.
- Gifts of $10,000 to $24,999 may be used to establish new, temporarily restricted scholarships, awards, prizes, internships, travel funds, research fellowships or departmental discretionary funds. The total balance in a fund may be available for current use.
- Gifts of $25,000 or more may be permanently restricted for any of the purposes listed above. Permanently restricted funds are housed at the Brooklyn College Foundation in perpetuity.
- Gifts of $100,000 or more may be used to support a wide range of naming opportunities, including professorships, endowed chairs and presidential scholarships, which are prestigious awards reserved for the most exemplary academic achievers.
To establish a restricted fund or to support an already existing fund at the foundation, please contact Courtenay Barton, associate director of stewardship, 718.951.5074.
- Guidelines for establishing a restricted fund at the Brooklyn College Foundation
- Restricted Funds Managed by the Brooklyn College Foundation (pdf)