Before you begin, open the Tracking code spreadsheet, and create the following:
- Launch Date (ex. 160926)
- Opportunity (ex. UGOH)
- Source (ex. Facebook)
- Medium (ex. FAC-EV)
Create the redirect:
- Select Open Subpage Content redddot above.
- Select Add Primary Page reddot.
- Create and Connect Page > Select the 'Tracking Redirect' Content Class.
- Enter the Automatic Campaign name in the Headline Field > Click Ok.
- Select Close Subpage Content reddot.
- Follow the new link in the right-side navigation to complete the redirect setup.
These directions are repeated on the redirect itself:
- Click the Open Redirect reddot.
- If you are linking to an external URL, click Add/Modify External Destination URL reddot > Enter the Destination URL > Click OK.
- If you are linking to a BC website page, click Reference an Existing Page.
- Click Reference Existing Page.
- Search for the page using its specific page ID by selecting the dropdown field. Page IDs can be found by looking at the desired page in a web browser, viewing the HTML source, and looking for the page ID on line 14 of the code.
- Enter the page ID and click Start. Choose the page in the search results.
- Right-click to display contexual menu > Select 'Edit Properties' > Add Automatic Campaign filename and '.php' > Click OK.
- Right-click to display contexual menu > Select 'Submit to Workflow'.
- Right-click to display contexual menu > Select 'Publish' > Accept all defaults in Publishing dialog > Click OK.
- Click on the 'Landing Pages' link in the breadcrumbs to return to the main tracking page.
Create a Bitly link or some other shortener link to use in your emails, event listings, etc., based on the spreadsheet Full URL.