The Women's and Gender Studies Program offers an annual scholarship to two outstanding women's and gender studies majors.
The scholarship is an annual tuition award of $5,000 ($2,500 for the fall and $2,500 for the spring semester), paid out over the student's senior year at Brooklyn College.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
- be a women's and gender studies major (major should already have been declared),
- be in her or his junior year (60–75 credits only) at the time of applying for the scholarship, with the academic goal of graduating at the end of the following academic year, and
- have a 3.00 GPA or higher.
To successfully apply for the scholarship, students have to submit the following:
- One-page, single-spaced personal statement describing yourself, your career, and personal goals and motivation.
- Two-page, double-spaced essay answering the question "Why Women's and Gender Studies Today?"
All application materials have to be submitted to:
Women's and Gender Studies Student Scholarship Committee
Women's and Gender Studies Program
1207 Ingersoll Hall
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Applications can be submitted either in person or by regular mail. No online applications (e-mail) will be accepted.